help with GetDP needed

Samuel Kvasnica kvasnica at iaee.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 29 11:49:38 CET 1999

Hi Christophe,

I was bothering you some time ago with questions about GetDP. Now I succeeded in doing
plasma simulations where magnetic field computed by GetDP is used. Well, qualitatively
everything looks good, but I'm not able to refine my results since the results from GetDP
are quite noisy and in a strange way, even with DivB!=0 at some places where B changes rapidly
and this causes numerical heating in my simulations. I don't know if that's a problem of the solver or of the
interpolation during postprocessing using OnPlane or OnLine method. I'm sending you
as an attachment a typical picture of z component of B. Mesh size was cca 1 unit on x axis.
Could you give me an advice please ?

Thanks,

Sam

Mag.Samuel Kvasnica
IAEE TU-WIEN
Gusshausstrase 27-29 / 359   email: kvasnica at iaee.tuwien.ac.at
1040 Wien                    tel:   +43-1-58801-35914
Austria                      fax:   +43-1-58801-35997