GetDP, cyl.axis

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Fri Jun 30 12:01:02 CEST 2000

Samuel Kvasnica wrote:

> Christophe,
>
> could you help me how to define a correct constraint (Br=0 ?) for cylindrical symetry ?
> If I define 0.0 on axis for vector potential, it is incorrect because of singularities, solution
> is discontinuous. A[0]=lim A[r->0] would be correct.

There is an elegant solution to the problem: you should use a slightly
modified jacobian matrix, namely "VolAxiSqu", instead of "VolAxi". The
idea is to use r^2 as the radial coordinate, instead of r. If you want a
more detailed explanation of this transformation, you can find it in
section 6 of the following paper:

@article{henrotte-transformation-99,
  author =	 "F. Henrotte and B. Meys and H. Hedia and P. Dular
                  and W. Legros",
  title =	 "Finite element modelling with transformation
                  techniques",
  journal =	 IEEETRMAG,
  month =	 may,
  volume =	 35,