Gmsh GetDP question

Guenter Milde milde at efwtu1.et.tu-dresden.de
Tue Mar 6 09:58:26 CET 2001

Dear Christophe,

Browsing the fltk-(fast and light tool-kit)-bazaar-website I found a link to
Gmsh/GetDP and was very courious to see what kind of problems this could
solve. It seems to be a very interesting project.

For the project I am currently working on (simulation of a pyroelectric IR
sensor) I look for a FEM program that can solve a harmonic temperature
problem (1st. step) and a coupled pyroelectic/piezoelectric problem (with
the temperature field of the first step as input). I wonder whether
Gmsh/GetDP could solve this kind of problems or whether it would be possible
to extend the program to do so (relatively) easily.

BTW: I did a relative
exhaustive search for free fem-programs in both

   INTERNET FINITE ELEMENT RESOURCES:
   www.engr.usask.ca/~macphed/finite/fe_resources/fe_resources.html, and

   Numerical-Analysis-Seite der "Scientific Applications on Linux":
   SAL.KachinaTech.COM/B/2/index.shtml
but so far as I remember GetDP was not mentioned there.

BTW_2: I did not find _any_ program that can do a harmonic analysis of a
temperature problem.

Sincerely

Guenter

G.Milde at physik.tu-dresden.de