run getdp backstage

Christophe Geuzaine Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Wed Jun 13 08:02:04 CEST 2001

Lin Ji wrote:

> I am not quite sure about the backstage postprocessing. I tried it this
> morning again. It turns out my problem size is so big that it has already
> taken the whole morning. I tried the backstage process last night from home.
> It could be that the process was automatically shut down before it reached
> the postprocessing part. I will let you know after I tried a smaller size
> problem.

Ok, the problem is that you make the -solve and -pos steps together.
Then the solutions at each time step are kept in memory, so that you
will sooner or later fill all the available memory on your computer!

To avoid this problem, simply perform

- first the -solve step. The memory used by GetDP will be constant
during all the process (after the first time step is completed). The
solutions are saved in the '.res' file after each time step (or
depending on your 'SaveFct[]').

- then re-run GetDP with the -pos command. It will simply read the
'.res' file, and perform the post-processing only on the saved
solutions.

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: 32 (0) 4 366 37 10    http://geuz.org
Fax: 32 (0) 4 366 29 10    mailto:Christophe.Geuzaine at ulg.ac.be