[Getdp] integral quantities

André Nicolet andre.nicolet at fresnel.fr
Fri Oct 5 17:28:00 CEST 2001

Hello,

I would like to know how to compute integral quantities in order to be able to compute forces, energy, power, etc.

I have modified Magnetostatic.pro this way in the postprocessing :

{ Name wm ; Value { Local { [ SquNorm[{d a}] * nu[] / 2.] ; In Domain ; Jacobian JVol ; } } }

{ Name Wmag ; Value { Integral { [ SquNorm[{d a}] * nu[] / 2.] ; In Domain ; Jacobian JVol ; } } }

{ Name lapfor ; Value { Local { [ Cross [ js[], {d a} ] ] ; In Domain_S ; Jacobian JVol ; } } }

and then in test.pro

Print[ wm, OnElementsOf Domain, File "energy.pos"];

Print[ Wmag, OnRegion Domain, File "en.pos"];

Print[ lapfor, OnElementsOf Domain_S, File "force.pos"];

The first line computes the magnetic energy density and the second one is an attempt to compute the total energy. Unfortunately, it writes zeroes in the file en.pos.

The third line gives the Laplace force density. How to integrate it on the conductors to get the total force ?

How to integrate on the boundary of a region to get the forces by the Maxwell stress tensor or the energy with the Poynting vector ?

Thank you for your help !

Prof. André Nicolet
Université d'Aix-Marseille III
Dom. Univ. de Saint-Jérôme