[Getdp] surface integrals

André Nicolet andre.nicolet at fresnel.fr
Wed Oct 24 17:18:21 CEST 2001

Hello,

1) I still need surface integral (line integral in 2D in fact).

I tried something like
{ Name Ampere ; Value { Integral { [ nu[] * {d a} ] ; Integration I1 ; In Dirichlet_a ; Jacobian Sur ; } } }

in the postprocessing and get a : Unknown Jacobian Method : Sur  ...

What is wrong with it ?

Integral on submanifolds are extremely useful and even necessary in some cases. What is available in GetDP on this today ?

2) By the way, this kind of integral require the concept of trace e.g. tangential component of a 1-form and normal component of a 2-form. How is it dealt with in GetDP ?

3) I did not see the dot product (scalar product) among the operators (except its implicit use in the Galerkin command). Has it been forgotten ? As the exterior derivative d is available as a short cut for grad, curl, rot what about an exterior product Wedge[form1,form2]  and/or an explicit Hodge star operator ?

Regards

Prof. André Nicolet
Université d'Aix-Marseille III
Dom. Univ. de Saint-Jérôme