[Getdp] general question ....

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Fri Feb 22 17:02:50 CET 2002

t.scordilis at atral.fr wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just discovered GetDP & gmesh ... a great solver !!!
>
> I was wondering of 2 things :
>
> 1/ do you think of porting this solver/mesher to MacOSX with Xfree86 ( or
> Cocoa even better ) ?

Yes. Actually, we have both getdp/gmsh running natively under MacOSX now
(no Xfree86 required!). There are still some issues that need to be
fixed before we can distribute these versions, though.

> 2/ could we think of organizing groups depending on problems (or
> application fields)  that have to be solved .... ?
>           - antenna
>           - magneto
>           - plasma
>           - and so on

It is our aim to publish a series of complete examples. But I cannot
give you a schedule : good examples take time to set up. And we don't
want to get 10 questions per day due to the misuse of the formulations.

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org
Fax: (626) 578-0124    mailto:geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu