[Getdp] functions Tensor, TensorDiag not recognized

Michael J. Rivard rivard at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 23 04:44:56 CEST 2002

Hi,

I am using getdp version 0.85, RPM release 1. In my problem formulation
I define two constant tensors, T1 and T2, using the statements

T1 = TensorDiag[1, 1, 0];
T2 = Tensor[0, -1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0];

However, getdp complains that the "constant" TensorDiag is undefined!
When I tried to work around that problem by changing the definition of
T1 to

T1 = Tensor[1,0,0, 0,1,0, 0,0,0];

getdp then complained that the "constant" Tensor is undefined.

While we're on the subject of tensors:

1.) Is T = Tensor[a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i] equivalent to (in matrix notation)

	| a b c |
	| d e f |	?
	| g h i |

2.) Given T above and p = Vector[j, k, l], is T*p a vector, and is it
equivalent to the matrix product

	| a b c |   | j |
	| d e f | * | k |	?
	| g h i |   | l |

3.) Given T and p above, is p*T a vector, and is it equivalent to the
matrix product

	            | a b c |
	[ j k l ] * | d e f |	?
	            | g h i |

4.) Given T above and U = Tensor[m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u], is T*U a tensor,
and is it equivalent to

	| a b c |   | m n o |
	| d e f | * | p q r |	?
	| g h i |   | s t u |