[Getdp] Magnetodynamic 3D - Electromagnetic circuit element

Johan Gyselinck Johan.Gyselinck at ulg.ac.be
Thu Apr 17 12:25:58 CEST 2003

Hi guys,

> > I also noticed that, when using several frequencies in the same
> > resolution, the
> > number of iterations is greater than the maximum number of iterations of the
> > independent resolutions for each frequency. I assume that this is due to
> > different
> > initializations. So, what do you reccommend? Is it better (faster) to
> > solve for
> > each frequency separately?
>
> I never did that kind of thing.
>
> Johan, an opinion?

If the superposition principle applies, so if you can solve for each frequency
separately, I guess you should exploit that.
That may be slightly more difficult to do when using GetDP.  If computational
cost is not an issue, then you can solve for all frequencies together.

If the different frequencies are coupled (due to material nonlinearity, movement,
...), it's a completely different and much more complicated story. I've published
several articles about that (the harmonic balance finite element method). If
you're interested, I can send you some copies.

Bye,
Johan

--
Dr. ir. Johan Gyselinck