[Getdp] electric-thermal coupled problem

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Wed Apr 23 23:16:44 CEST 2003

markuskoitka at freenet.de wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
>
> I am a Student from the Tu-Darmstadt in Germany.
>
> My Problem is an electric-thermal coupled problem.
> I do not know how to implement the convection and
> radiation the correct way. It makes no difference
> if I solve the problem with or without it.
>
> My second problem is the Flux. In my model the Flux
> is J * E in the conductor, but with this coupling I
> get much to high temperatures. What is the mistake?

Unfortunately, I don't have time to check your files in detail. But
you're trying to solve a nonlinear problem using a linear scheme, which
is obviously wrong. For example, you have a "{d v}*(sigma[] * -{d v})"
term in your equation: if you don't solve this inside an iterative loop,
"{d v}" will always be equal to 0 (there is no Dof -> it's not an unknown!).

Christophe Geuzaine

Tel: (626) 395-4552    http://www.geuz.org
Fax: (626) 578-0124    mailto:geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu