[Getdp] ?Integration of Results over Surface?

Christophe Geuzaine geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu
Sat Jun 21 18:12:20 CEST 2003

Cezary Sydlo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i tried it ... but it does not work :-(
>

>>I guess you could define something like
>>
>>{ Name C ;
>>  Value { Integral { [ quantity ]; In surf; Jacobian surfjac;
>>
>>                                   Integration integ; } }
>>}
>>
>>in your PostProcessing, and use
>>
>>Print[ C[surf], OnGlobal ];
>>

> If i integrate over different Surfaces(Line and Ground) or Volumes or
> even over "1" or any expression the result is always 0
> What do i have to add or correct here?
>
> Everything is still based on the mStrip example (except 3D structure)
>
> Is
> Name Q ; Value { Integral { [ eps0*epsr[] * Norm[{d v}] ] ; In Line }
> correct for
> Q= D x dA ?

I read your previous mail a bit quickly. Doing it the way I suggested,
you'll only get the tangential component of grad v along the line,
which is of not what you want (to compute Q).

Here are two posts to the list explaining what's happening, and how to
implement things correctly:

http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/getdp/2003/000471.html

http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/getdp/2003/000449.html

Christophe A. Geuzaine
Applied and Computational Mathematics, Caltech
geuzaine at acm.caltech.edu - http://geuz.org