[Getdp] Proper way to define a current computing problem

Pascal A. Dupuis Pascal.Dupuis at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Aug 8 16:42:55 CEST 2003

Hello,

I got the tutorials containing f.i. Plate.pro, but I still can't
figure out how to compute properlly a problem. Examples are about
electrostatic and electrokinetic problems, that is, everything is
non-conducting (capacitors) or totally conducting (resistor).

How to handle a mixed case problem, where some regions are
non-conducting, while others can be considered as conductors, but
where displacement current is not negligible with respect to
conduction current, i.e. a region where there exist both a capacitance
and a resistance ?

The question is a bit vague, I need to know where to look for
practical information on how to describe properlly such mixed-case regions.

Thanks in advance

Pascal Dupuis

--
Dr. ir. Pascal Dupuis