[Getdp] Using gmsh + getdp

Nacho Andres de la Fuente nacho.andres at deos.tudelft.nl
Fri Oct 17 14:46:08 CEST 2003

Hi there!

First of all congratulations for the work you are doing.

Let me please explain you my little problem: I have to solve Laplace and
Helmholtz equation for a determined geometry and having learnt gmsh I
would like to use an open source FE solver. Could you recommend me one?
(apart from Getdp .. I do not know if this is a good question since this
is the Getdp e-mail list ..:-)). How is Getdp behaviour in what concerns
non cartesian coordinates?

Since i am trying Getdp as well and the question to the previous
question is obviously Getdp, I would like to know if it is possible that
someone could send me an example (or the exact example in the case that
someone has solved an electromagnetic prblem with the aforementioned
equations) to see the writing + combination with gmsh. It does not need
to be too extended but also not too short. I already have the manual(s),
but seeing the whole problem makes it always easier and more direct.

Many, many thanks for any information/help,

Nacho