[Getdp] Skin effect

John M. Correa jcorrea at ubiobio.cl
Fri Mar 12 16:55:43 CET 2004

I am using Getdp for some time with amazing results and capabilities not
previously seen with other commercial software. Congratulations for all the
crew.
My questions is about a Magnetodynamic simulation extracted from the Getdp
Manual. I ran the example CoreMassive.pro with the resolution MagDyn_av_2d
several times but with different frequencies :50, 100,500, 1000 Hz and plot
the induced current in the core, from the center to the boundary, but for all
the frequencies i dont see the Skin Effect, instead i observe a linearly
decaying current from border to center for all the frequencies tested.
For all parameters involved the skin depth must be in the order of 1 cm. (and
the Core is 5 cm. radius) so for 50 Hz we teoretically will see the typical
Bessel style function describing the induced current but not a line as my
simulation presents. A also refined the mesh but with no change in results.
Could you please indicate me what is wrong with my analysis, because i tested
with other programs the same configuration and with the expected results.
Thanks in advance

JOHN CORREA
Universidad del Biobio
Concepcion. Chile.