[Getdp] axial symmetric magnetic problem

m.fenner at gmx.net m.fenner at gmx.net
Mon Jul 26 17:04:23 CEST 2004

Dear Christophe,

I still don't get it. I am working on a coupled problem with thermal and electromagnetic features. Guided by the mailing list archive (many thanks to all contributors) I was able to solve a few textbook problems to reproduce analytical results, mainly heat conduction problems. (Though there are some open questions as well.)

Now I switched to the magnetic stuff. I wanted to see the magnetic field of a ring current. So I took the demo example included in the getDP distribution, modified the .geo and .pro files (appropriately?). The results show the magnetic fields on the y-axis ___in radial direction___ , i.e. in + and - x direction in postprocessing mode. This seems rather unphysical to me. I guess the problem definition is somehow wrong but I don't see where. I attached the .geo and .pro files just in case anybody finds the time to have a look at these.

Many thanks in advance. Best regards

Matthias