[Getdp] elasticity examples

m.fenner at gmx.net m.fenner at gmx.net
Thu Dec 30 14:24:51 CET 2004

Dear Christophe,

first of all I'd like to give some positive feedback. Following your advice I succeeded to compile a getDP nightly source and get the Lanczos Operation running. And it worked fine with a 3D linear elasticity test case. Thank you very much.

A few questions/remarks:

1. I could not spot a precompiled LAPACK package in the package search of the cygwin homepage. Are you sure there is one? Nevertheless installing the package from the LAPACK sources obtained on their homepage worked well. Alltogether the setup was not as bad as I feared. Thanks again, Christophe.

2. I was wondering if there was a chance to model a thermomechanical problem like bi-metal switch with getDP. Do you have any hints?

3. Why does it serve as an additional constraint if I include the top region into the beam region in the mechanical bending test case (your message from Novemer 10th)?

With seasons greetings and best wishes for the New Year

Matthias