[Getdp] @D axisymmetric electrostatic problem

Gilles Quemener quemener at lpsc.in2p3.fr
Wed Apr 6 09:47:58 CEST 2005

Hello Gmsh/GetDP users,

Currently I am trying to solve a simple 2D-axysymmetric electrostatic
problem.
In this problem,  due to the symmetry, I should obtain a zero radial
component
of the elctric field, but this is not what I get. could someone help me
finding my
mistake(s) ?

The problem is the following :  I have a cylindrical chamber with a top
electrode
set at a voltage of -1.8e05 V and a bottom one which is grounded. The
cylindrical
wall is made of a dielectric (quartz). See the attached picture for a
detailled geometry
where only half of the chamber is drawn and should be rotated around the
left vertical
axis (corresponding to r=0) I also attached the .geo and different .pro
files that I took
from some 2D examples provided on the website.
Thanks a lot for any help,

                   Gilles