[Getdp] -restart

Christophe Geuzaine cag32 at case.edu
Sat Sep 24 03:56:54 CEST 2005

Christian Geikowsky R. wrote:
> I thank your help ...
>

> In fact, -restart solved in part my problem to the following on the
> iteration from the last time instant.
>
> However, to the obtaining outputs of after operation, the B and H
> graphics has one break in the instant that he applied  (-restart) .
> Attached image.
>

> Do I have not enough some procedure to consider the previous iteration
> endpoint as initial condition?
>

> This method ( - restart ). Does it consider as initial conditions for
> the new calculation the derivatives in function of the time?

It should, but the results you obtain are indeed very suspicious... Do
you save the solution on disk after every step?

Also, did you check if the memory used is still growing when you don't
ask for a post-processing operation at the same time as the computation?
If it does, it's a bug, and we should fix it ASAP.

Christophe