[Getdp] Induction Heating Problem

Alejandro Fernández Sela alexmad at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:24:15 CEST 2005

Mr Dular,

My name is Alejandro Fernández, I have been using getDP and Gmsh for one
month
and I am excited with its capacities. I am working in CENAERO doing a
training
project in order to obtain my Engineering title, so for me this is more than
simple project. Denis Lassance is my Project Director.

I'm simulating an induction heating process. I found a lot of information
about
it, and modifying some files I am building my own program. But actually,
I am trying to implement the movement of the core piece through the
inductor.
It will be a rotation and a translation, but I dont know how to do it. I
thought
it could be possible by the gmsh file, defining differents regions for each
step.
But it is not a very good solution. The other way should be inplementing the
therms
of the movement of regions:

-(sigma Velocity x Curl(a), a') Domain inductor.
-(ro Cp Velocity.grad T, T') Domain inductor.

But I dont knoy how to define the Velocity and how will GetDp deal with it.
Could you help me with the solving of that problem?
By now the problem is axisimetric, but in the future I will lose this
condition,
and I will work in 3D. Do you think I will have any problem with that?

Thank you very much