[Getdp] Magneto Dynamic

Alejandro Fernández Sela alexmad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 10:13:54 CET 2005

Dear Christophe:

I am trying to understand the MagnetoDynamic 3D problem (wiki page) using
the h-phi formulation, and I have some questions about it:
I don't know why does the program need to call the MagSta formulation, Is it
possible to build the code in only one formulation (one file) ?
Does the MagSta give the initial conditions, or is it used for all the
resolution process?
Why do you use "Integral" instead of "Galerkin"(MagSta)?
When I launch the program, using "getdp CoilAboveACore -solve MagDyn_hphi
-pos Map_b Section_b Map_j Section_j" the convergence is not very fast.
Could it be a problem of my "Solver" file? (I use the standard values).
Is it really necesary to use "cuts" of the regions (done by the gmsh file)
in order to solve that kind of problems (eddy currents)?
Thank you very much in advance, and thank you for developing that fantastic
tool! I am really enjoying my work with it, and I am learning a lot about
electromagnetism and FEA.

Best regards!