[Getdp] Elasticty3D example

Christophe Geuzaine cag32 at case.edu
Sat Nov 19 17:17:27 CET 2005

Arkadiusz Wasylkow wrote:
> Dear group
> 	Recently I found gmsh project at freshmeat site. Seems to be very
> interesting software.
> First of all I'm trying to perform some acoustic compliance calculations
> with it based on Elasticty3D example.
> Because I'm not too good on advanced math I have 2 questions regarding this
> example problem:
> - What means factors c1 , c2 ,c3  and matrices produced with them ? I hope
> it's somehow related to material properties like Young modulus and Poisson
> ratio.

Yes, they are the elastic coefficients linking the stress (sigma) and
the strain (epsilon = {D1,D2} u), i.e., Hooke's law.

The ordering depends on the ordering of the components in epsilon: cf.
http://geuz.org/getdp/wiki/LinearElasticity

> - How to produce stimulus (force, or pressure) changeable in time, for
> example sine wave at certain frequency.

You have to add the relevant dynamic terms in the formulation, i.e.,
"Galerkin { DtDt [ rho[] * Dof{u} , {u} ];", define a time-dependent
constraint (cf. TimeFunction in Constraint) and a time-stepping scheme
in the resolution (cf. TimeLoopNewmark in Resolution).

Christophe