[Getdp] implementation information on GetDP

Christophe Geuzaine christophe.geuzaine at case.edu
Wed Dec 14 20:38:18 CET 2005

Dennis Calluy wrote:
> Dear,
>

> First of all, I want to thank you for releasing such a greet freeware
> program. I have been experimenting with gmsh/GetDP and their
> capabilities are really amazing.
>

> I am in my last year civil engineering at the university of Brussels
> (VUB). My thesis is about implementing a numerical problem in existing
> software code (C++) and thus integrating a problem in an existing
> program. The problem is the calculation of the magnatostatic 3D problem,
> a-formulation, using edge elements. I find the GetDP approach really
> inspiring. Seeking for information, I have found that there are two
> publications on GetDP in the IEEE Transactions on Magnetics by Dular,
> Geuzaine. Is it possible to obtain those papers because the source code
> of GetDP is a bit overwhelming to me to learn more about the
> implementation. Moreover, the existing program I have to use is built
> upon a total different approach.

For a magnetostatic 3D problem using the a-formulation and edge
elements, you don't need to dive into the source code. You can implement
it directly by writing the formulation in a .pro file. An outline of the
formulation is available here:
http://geuz.org/getdp/doc/slides/getdp-20.html

Best wishes,

Christophe