[Getdp] sample of time steps

David Felsenthal david at felsenthal.org
Thu Feb 23 20:07:07 CET 2006

I am doing a non-linear simulation, and am saving a sub-set of the
calculated solutions. I have:

Function {
  .
  .
  .
  dt = 0.001;

  SaveFct[] = !($TimeStep % ((1/dt)/100));

}

and
Resolution {
   { Name nonlinear;
     System {
       { Name T; NameOfFormulation The_T; }
     }
     Operation {
       InitSolution [T];
       SaveSolution [T];
       TimeLoopTheta [t0 , t1 , dt, 1.] {
	IterativeLoop[NL_NbrMaxIter, NL_Eps, NL_Relax] {
	  GenerateJac [T] ;  SolveJac [T] ;
	}
        	Test [ SaveFct[] ] { SaveSolution [T]; }
       }
     }
   }

When I do

getdp  -v 0  box.pro -solve nonlinear; getdp    box.pro  -pos pos

from the command line all works as expected, I get a sub-set of the data
points.

If I type:

getdp  -v 0  box.pro -solve nonlinear -pos pos

I get all the data points. I didn't expect this behavior. Is this expected?

Thanks,

David Felsenthal

p.s. Sorry about sending this to the gmsh list.