[Getdp] multi frequency simulation

Christophe Geuzaine cag32 at case.edu
Tue Apr 18 05:45:02 CEST 2006

Luigi Alberti wrote:
> [...]
> a-v formulation.
> It seems run good, but i have some problems in postprocessing.
>
> My resolution is this:
>
> Freq=50;
> Num=10;
>
> Resolution {
>         {Name MagDyn_av_2D;
>          System {
>                      {Name Sys_Mag;
>                       NameOfFormulation Magnetodynamics_av_2D;
>                       Type ComplexValue;
>                       Frequency Freq;
>              }
>             }
>          Operation {  For j In {0:Num}
>                                     Generate[Sys_Mag];
>                                     SetFrequency[Sys_Mag,Freq/Num*j];
>                                     Solve[Sys_Mag];
>                                     SaveSolutions[Sys_Mag];
>                             EndFor
>                        }
>        }
> }
>

> In this way i make 11 simulation with frequency 0,5,10...50 Hz.
>
> After that i want the joule losses in some conducting regions
> DomainC_Mag and so i write  in my PostProcessing :
>

> PostProcessing {.....
>
>  {Name roJ2;  Value {           Local { [sigma[]*SquNorm[Re[Dt[{A}]+{ur}
> ]] ];
>                                                          In DomainC_Mag;
>                                                          Jacobian Vol;
>                                                          Integration
> CurlCurl;   }
>                                   }
>   }
> }
>

> PostOperation {
>                {Name Map;
>             NameOfPostProcessing MagSta_A;
>                 Operation {
>
> Print[ roJ2, OnElementsOf DomainC_Mag , File "roJ2.pos"];

> }
>

> If I set the frequency manually and simulate for each single resolution
> like so:
>
> Freq=50;
> Resolution {
>         {Name MagDyn_av_2D;
>          System {
>                      {Name Sys_Mag;
>                       NameOfFormulation Magnetodynamics_av_2D;
>                       Type ComplexValue;
>                       Frequency Freq;
>              }
>             }
>          Operation {         Generate[Sys_Mag];
>                                     Solve[Sys_Mag];
>                                     SaveSolutions[Sys_Mag];
>                              }
>        }
> }
>

> i have good result (compare with other software and analitical computation).
> When i try to automate the set frequency operation (like just over) the
> result are the joule losses in DomainC_Mag but  it seems that the
> frequency remains even Freq (=50Hz) for all frequqncy simulation, and so
> the result are no-sense.
>
> How can I postprocessing and post-operate the values of roJ2 for each
> frequency?
> I try to use the SetFrequency instruction in postoperation but it

Hi Luigi - The post-processing should use the correct frequency, so this
could be a bug. (BTW, why do you use SaveSolutions instead of
SaveSolution?)

Until this is investigated/fixed, the easiest solution is probably to
define multiple resolutions and post-processings. You could still
automate everything by using a loop outside the resolution/post-pro objects.

Cheers,

Christophe