[Getdp] ... waveguide problem ...

Matt Koch mattkoch at scitex.us
Sat Jul 15 21:48:02 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I am presently toying with a rectangular waveguide problem, based on
your microwave example. However, I want to take it from 2D to 3D and
later on add a coax coupler. For now, I am just trying to get a simple
WR284 waveguide working in 3D. Rather than modeling the whole waveguide
cross section, I should be able to model just one half (or even one
quarter) of it, because the other half is symmetrical. And this is where
I have trouble. How can I accommodate the symmetry conditions in the
general GetDP framework? (In fact, what are the symmetry conditions to
begin with?). I am using a frequency solution in the electric field
vector E.

Thanks,

Matt Koch
mattkoch at scitex.us