[Getdp] Magnetic Force 3

Kubicek Bernhard Bernhard.Kubicek at arsenal.ac.at
Fri Aug 11 11:20:18 CEST 2006

I would guess that the PostIntegration example in the wiki might help you:
http://www.geuz.org/getdp/wiki/PostIntegration

With this info there a body force term could be somehow like:

{ Name F ; Value { Integral { [ 1/mu0*({Curl h} /\{h}) ] ; In Body ; Jacobian Vol; Integration Int; } } }

Maybe the problem is that if you have a magnet, you define a constant field inside, that is not altered by the outside field. So inside, there is no acting from outside, and hence no force.

A collegue of mine just showed my a formula developed through the stress tensor:

F_surface=\int_Face ( 1/mu0*(df.b)*b ) - \int_Face ( 1/2*1/mu0*(b.b)*df )

with the df being a vector normal to the face and . being the inner product.
Maybe you can do this for all faces or you magnet and add the values manually:
{ Name F ; Value {  Integral {
[ 1/mu0*(Vector[0,0,1]*{d phi}*{phi})
  -1/2*1/mu0*Vector[0,0,1]*(( {d phi}*{d phi}) ] ;
In SurfaceXY; Jacobian Sur; Integration Int;
} } }
But, honestly, thats just guessing. Also, I don't really understand what your physical system.
What i just found in the manual, is NormalSource

{ Name FTotal ; Value {  Integral {
[ 1/mu0*(NormalSource[]*{d phi}*{phi})
  -1/2*1/mu0*NormalSource[]*(( {d phi}*{d phi}) ] ;
In MagnetSurface; Jacobian Sur; Integration Int;
} } }

nice greetings, bernhard