[Getdp] Potential distribution at different frequencies

jimmi Nielsen dtu jim at kemi.dtu.dk
Thu Aug 10 15:39:16 CEST 2006

Hi

I am rather new to getdp and the finite element method. But so far i find it to be a very powerful calculation tool and would really like to master it. In this respect I hope you can help. The thing that i am trying to do and have some frustrating problems with is the following: I have a geometry with some different defined dielectric constants and treat it as a first approximation as a electrostatic problem. This I have no problems with. But the thing that I really would like to do is to apply a time varying sinusoidal potential as boundary condition and get out the potential distribution at different frequencies. No matter want I do I end up with the electrostatic solution. The question is therefore how the constraint and resolution parts should look like in order to succeed.

Thanks and regards

Jimmi Ph.d.

Technical University of Denmark