[Getdp] help on tutorial

Faisal Ahmed faisal.ahmed at iisb.fraunhofer.de
Thu Aug 24 18:17:29 CEST 2006

Hello Everybody

i am quite new in the field of computational electromagnetics & as well in
getdp. i was trying to do simulation with one of the tutorials files named
as 'Mag_av_2D.pro', for which the geometry is defined in file Core.geo.
I suppose everybody knows which tutorial I'm talking about. I converted
the Core.geo file to .msh format in GMSH. When I try to run the simulation
with
getdp CoreMassive -msh Core.msh -solve MagDyn_av_2D

I get error message as below:

Info      : Selected Resolution 'MagDyn_av_2D'
Info      : System 'Sys_Mag' : Complex, Frequency = 1 Hz
P r e - P r o c e s s i n g . . .
Operation : Treatment Formulation 'Magnetodynamics_av_2D'
Resources : cpu 0.008 s
E n d   P r e - P r o c e s s i n g
P r o c e s s i n g . . .
Operation : Generate[Sys_Mag]
Solver    : Loading parameter file 'solver.par'
Info      : Setting System {A,b} to zero
Resources : cpu 0.008 s
Operation : Solve[Sys_Mag]
Solver    : Scaling system of equations
Warning   : Scaling aborted because of zero row (3)
Solver    : RCMK algebraic renumbering
Solver    : N: 4, NZ: 4, BW max/avg: 1/1, SW max: 1
Resources : cpu 0.008 s
Solver    : ILUT (Float, fill-in = 150)
Error     : Zero row encountered in ILU

However the solver.par looks as follows:

            Matrix_Format            1
          Matrix_Printing            0
           Matrix_Storage            0
                  Scaling            4
    Renumbering_Technique            1
           Preconditioner            1
  Preconditioner_Position            2
                  Nb_Fill           150
    Permutation_Tolerance         0.001
       Dropping_Tolerance            0
    Diagonal_Compensation            0
               Re_Use_ILU            1
                Algorithm           8
              Krylov_Size           40
          IC_Acceleration            1
                Re_Use_LU            0
    Iterative_Improvement            0
              Nb_Iter_Max         10000
            Stopping_Test        1e-8

It will be very nice to have some opininion for the solution of this
problem. I hope I am not bothering everybody with a very small problem.

Regards
Rookie