[Getdp] Dual Formulation in the wiki

Amit.Itagi at seagate.com Amit.Itagi at seagate.com
Wed Jan 31 15:56:10 CET 2007

David Colignon <David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be> wrote on 01/31/2007 08:11:21 AM:

> Hi,
>
> from  http://geuz.org/pipermail/getdp/2006/000869.html  in the mailing
list:

> the condition on the coefficients associated to the second order
> basis functions must be homegeneous ( 0 value ) otherwise the
> imposed condition considers a boundary condition other than constant
> ( with second degree variation ). This is due to the fact that the
> second order elements are built with hierarchical basis functions.

For a problem with Dirichlet BC on a part of the boundary, and mixed BC on
the rest of the boundary, how would I use second order elements ? Do the
elements on the boundary have to be set to first order in that case ? How
do I set elements selectively to second order ( I know that it can be done
with Adapt P1 ... but then I cannot select the elements) ?

Sorry for posing so many questions. I really like getdp, and I am trying my
best to understand the workings through the documentation, examples,
theoretical references, and the mailing list.

Rgds,
Amit

> > FunctionSpace {
> >   { Name Hgrad_phi_MagSta; Type Form0;
> >     BasisFunction {
> >       { Name sn1n ; NameOfCoef wn1n ; Function BF_Node ; Support
Tot_Mag;
> > Entity NodesOf[All]; }
> >       { Name sn2e ; NameOfCoef wn2e ; Function BF_Node_2E ; Support
Tot_Mag