[Getdp] ... Formulation question ...

Kubicek Bernhard Bernhard.Kubicek at arsenal.ac.at
Thu Mar 8 10:04:35 CET 2007

Hello!
Maybe the reason is in your formula:
d/dt(Phi)= Spd| grad phi|
if phi is initialized with zero, it will always be zero (apart from assigned boundary conditions).
Maybe you can initalize phi with something usefull,e.g. using a coordinate dependent function in the constraint as value. Watch out for the difference betweeen "assign" and "init" constraints.
Another possibility, would be to calculate an initial solution for phi by its own formulation, and then use a chained resolution to transfer this initial field to your already existing transient solution.
nice greetings,
 bernhard