[Getdp] [GetDP] Calculation of an Integral quantity

Matt Koch mattkoch at scitex.us
Wed May 2 03:22:45 CEST 2007

Hi there,

since the discussion seems to be about XS[] or $XS, perhaps I can ask a
dumb question. I was trying to figure out what the difference is between
XS[] or $XS on one hand, and X[] or $X on the other hand, but I failed.
I was hoping XS could be defined on one surface, and X on an other, but
probably not. Can you tell me, in a nutshell, the meaning of XS vs. X?
And for that matter, of Normal[] vs. NormalSource[]?

Thanks,

Matt Koch