[Getdp] Has anybody a 3D magneto static or magneto dynamic example?

Egmont Schreiter eschreiter at hs-zigr.de
Fri Sep 7 14:08:40 CEST 2007

Dear users,

for doing only little steps I tried to expand the core.geo example to
3D. Doing so with geometric is not the problem. The last days I also
start to read the first chapters of the referenced book "computational
electromagnetism" (http://www.em.tut.fi/~bossavit/), it was somewhere in
the list, wiki or homepage recommended/referenced.

Now I struggle with 3D formulation of a magneto static problem. Has
anyone a example in 3D? I think it would be helpful to have an extended
core.geo in 3d in the wiki.

I attach my core_3d.geo with a definition.pro file and a function.geo
file with a defined function to rotate. meshing works, but i know there
are some missing physical in the file.

One question is about the source of the field in 3D: could one define j
(current density) in just a cutting surface in the coil and  specify
sigma the conductance, or should one define a vector field of current
rotating in the coil? Are both sources possible?

Thank you
E. Schreiter