[Getdp] Eigenmodes of a dielectric structure

Guenneau, Sebastien guenneau at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 10:38:59 CEST 2008

Dear Pablo,

Please note that it's neither a scalar nor a vector Helmholtz
equation that you'll have to implement in Getdp, but the vector Maxwell
system involving modified curl operators: you should replace
all z derivatives by a multiplication by i*beta*z, where i*i=-1,
beta is a conical parameter and z is the variable along the axis
of your fibres. So, it requires a bit of thinking (details of the
derivation can be found in Zolla et al, Foundation of PCFs, ICP 2005).

Best wishes,

Sebastien.