[Getdp] Simulation involving material with permeability and conductivity

Heeren,Tammo,IRVINE,R&D Tammo.Heeren at AlconLabs.com
Wed Dec 17 19:49:31 CET 2008

I am trying to set up a simulation with materials that have conductivities and permeabilities. I essentially want to simulate the time dependent evolution of the electric field. The attached files set up a simple geometry. I am not very good at setting up the equations that need to be solved. Ignorance on my part. Currently I am solving

 Galerkin { Dt [ epsr[]*Dof{d v} , {d v} ] ; In Grouped; Jacobian Vol ; Integration Int ; }
 Galerkin { [ sigma[]*Dof{d v}, {d v} ] ; In Grouped; Jacobian Vol ; Integration Int ; }

I wonder if this is the correct approach. Any insight would be helpful. Also, if somebody has a good introductory text(book) I would appreciate a reference. I am interested in modeling in general, and EM field modeling in particular, but find the learning curve rather steep. I hope this is due to inappropriate literature.

Tammo

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.