[Getdp] governing equation for computing magnetic field induced by permanent magnets?

Pei-Ying Hsieh phsieh2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 15:17:33 CET 2010

Dear getDp group:

I have been using getDP to compute the magnetic field induced by permanent magnets.

I would like to know about more details how the field is computed:

1. what is the governing equation that getDP solved to obtain the magnetic field? (Maxwell equation?)
2. Is the same equation set used for both inside the magnets and outside the magnets?
3. If the answer is yes above, then, how is magnet material effct come in the equation?

Is there any books/websites that gives some descriptions of how to solve for magnetic field using finite element method when the magnetic filed is induced by permanent magnets?

Thanks!

Pei