[Getdp] Static current 3D

p.kopejtko p.kopejtko at email.cz
Thu Apr 8 14:18:08 CEST 2010

Hello

I have a problem modeling simple static current problem in 3D. I would like to make a model which will tell me the earthing resistant of the overhead line tower. I begin with simple 2D model and it somehow worked, then I tried 3D model and I an not able to get reasonable results (compared to analytic solution). The model consist of two cubes. One represent the infinite wide area (BC of five faces is set to Dirichlet 0 V the last one is set to Neuman condition) and small one, which represents the conductor. The surface of the conductor is set to 100 V. I also would like to see voltage distribution on the ground surface. I spend few days with this problem and I don't know hoe to continue.

Thank You a lot
Ing. Petr Kopejtko