[Getdp] Getting started

Nathan Towne towne56 at frontiernet.net
Mon Aug 30 03:07:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've become aware of GetDP and its utility for solving equations
recently and have started playing with it.  It seems like quite a
remarkable code in it flexibility and its high-level programming
language.  But I'm having trouble getting started.  The manual seems
nicely written and complete as far as describing syntax.  But there is
not a lot of explanation of terms and description of how to use keywords
to code a problem.  The examples are still greek to me.  I've done some
reading on the finite-element method and Galerkin methods - concepts
there are obviously important.  I still don't know if GetDP can solve
the problem I am interested in solving.  Does anyone have suggestions
for further reading on GetDP and other topics that might help me get
started?

Nathan