[Getdp] Help with building up functions

Stouthuysen, Gwen gstouthuysen at tycothermal.com
Mon Nov 8 12:47:19 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm learing how to use the GetDP environment and got stuck after enabling the basic functionalities.

The domain I working in is thermal.

Until now I could do the basic static and transient calculations but the next step is to bring in functionalities of controllers and latent energies.

The idea is to see how long it would take to heat up a pipe filled with a product which is solidified.

I try to drive the flux input so that the heating shuts down as soon as the temperature at the sensor location goes above a clipping point.

But I found out that the temperature is field information he only knows in the matrix, and defined in the formulation space.

Second problem is the latent energy: this is also temperature dependant: how to apply this temperature dependency of heat capacity and conductivity when I can't use this Dof in the material definition?

Regards,

Gwen Stouthuysen
Application development engineer

Tel: +32.16.213.593
 (This e-mail, including attachments, contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.)
P Save A Tree! Do not Print this Email if not Essential

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.