[Getdp] Launching GetDP from another program

John_V jvillar.john at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 17:30:39 CET 2010

Ruth: Thank you for your offer to look at the files. I may take you up on
it, but I should do some work first.  I suspect the problem somehow lies in
the launch from my Java program because GetDP works OK for me too when I run
it by hand. (...and my solver.par file is the same as the default one you
attached to your last message.)

I had a thought to simplify the command by putting the getdp command line
into a batch file (FEA.bat). Then my Java program only needs to launch
FEA.bat. What could be simpler? This doesn't work either. I get a

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "FEA.bat" in directory "It here
gives the correct path to my directory, where I can plainly see the FEA.bat
file." : CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified.

Something is very strange here, but it does not seem to involve GetDP. I
suspect there is something else on the command line, possibly something
non-printing so does not show up when GetDP reports Running 'getdp_sparskit
sample -pre EleSta_v -cal' but which corrupts either the command (if only
that is given) or the last option if a command and options are given. Let me
follow this clue before I bother you further.

Thanks for you help.

John