[Getdp] TransferSolution and AssignFromResolution

Amit Itagi aitagi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 23:29:33 CET 2011

Hi,

I have a question about transfering the solution obtained from one
resolution as a constraint in a second resolution. I saw the emails in the
archives regarding this. However, they do not answer my question.

I will start with the second problem first. The problem is a 2D Dirichlet
boundary condition problem on a square region. The boundary conditions take
0 value on three of the edges of the square. For the fourth edge boundary
value, I need to solve a 1D eigenvalue problem on the edge. Thus, the first
resolution is of the form

GenerateSeparate[A];
EigenSolve[A,...];
TransferSolution[A];

When I solve for this first resolution, I get the correst solution. However,
the TransferSolution throws an error ... "Dimensions do not match for
TransferSolution". What is going on ?

It seems that I will have to use something like TransferSolution[A .... for
the first eigenvalue or the second wigenvalue etc.].

Thanks

Amit