[Getdp] excitation of waveguide, PMC, Time domain

Ronu RonuRon at seznam.cz
Tue Mar 22 20:12:44 CET 2011

Hello,
my name is Rosta and I want to petition you for help. I study University in Brno and I use GetDP in my project.

I have look on example of MicroWaveElectricField, which you can find in wiki. Could somebody help me to understand it? I need to find out, how is done excitation of this waveguide. There is possible to change amplitude and phase of excitation? And where? (How can I define plane wave??)

Next questions is about PMC (perfect magnetic conductor). I want to simulate waveguide with restriction in way of wave propagation (restriction with hole ) and investigate wave propagation behind it. For this I need to used on this restriction PMC boundary condition and on other walls used PEC. There is some solution, how do define PMC boundary condition?

I'am download MicroWaveElectricField example from wiki and I want to run it. Frequenci domain work perfect, but Time domain is without result. Is there anybody, who solve this?

In formulation is solve some type of Wave equation. I can't uderstand, do it. Can somebody type me a comment, what every row mean (which is function of J_s[], K_s[] ??)?

 Equation {
       Galerkin { DtDt [ epsilon[] * Dof{e} , {e} ];
                 In Vol; Integration I1; Jacobian JVol;  }

      Galerkin { Dt [ sigma[] * Dof{e} , {e} ];
                 In Vol_C; Integration I1; Jacobian JVol;  }

      Galerkin { [ nu[] * Dof{d e} , {d e} ];
                 In Vol; Integration I1; Jacobian JVol;  }

      Galerkin { Dt [ J_s[] , {e} ];
                 In Vol_S; Integration I1; Jacobian JVol;  }

      Galerkin { Dt [ - K_s[] , {d e} ];
                 In Vol_S; Integration I1; Jacobian JVol;  }

      Galerkin { Dt [ - NxH[] , {e} ];
                 In Sur; Integration I1; Jacobian JSur;  }
    }

Pleas help...

Best regards,
Rosta