[Getdp] Von Neumann misconception?

John_V jvillar.john at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 20:12:28 CEST 2011

Thanks Lars. If I understand you, you're telling me that my answer A was the
right one. (Eimposed was a very simple function in my case. It was
constant.) But in my solution, the field at UpperEndCap is much different
from Eimposed. Why is that?

I am suspecting the real answer is B. This suspicion is, however, based only
on observation. I don't know whether this makes sense in terms of how the
program is supposed to operate. Domain_Ele does not exclude UpperEndCap.
That is, the nodes on UpperEndCap (a surface) are also nodes of Domain_Ele,
which is the entire mesh. Does that offer a way to explain why the field is
not what I expected?

John