[Getdp] New features available: TimeLoopAdaptive, ResampleTime, IterativeLoopN

michael.asam at infineon.com michael.asam at infineon.com
Fri Mar 15 10:44:07 CET 2013

Hi GetDP friends!

With the new version of GetDP there are some new features available. Three of them I want to introduce here:

TimeLoopAdaptive

This is a new time loop to do transient simulations with automatically adjusted time step sizes.
For a detailed description and an example please have a look in the wiki:
https://geuz.org/trac/getdp/wiki/TimeLoopAdaptive

ResampleTime

With the post-operation option ResampleTime it's possible to interpolate the result at specified (equidistant) time points
via a cubic spline interpolation.
An example can also be found at the same wiki page:
https://geuz.org/trac/getdp/wiki/TimeLoopAdaptive

IterativeLoopN

This iterative loop is similar to the old IterativeLoop, but it allows specifying in detail the error tolerances (the old IterativeLoop
uses an empirical method to calculate the error).
Details and an example can be found in the wiki:
https://geuz.org/trac/getdp/wiki/IterativeLoopN

I hope the new features are useful for some of you.
Please let me know if you find any bugs or if you have any comments!

Cheers
Michael