[Getdp] getdp + petsc + mumps

David Colignon David.Colignon at ulg.ac.be
Tue Sep 3 09:09:26 CEST 2013

On 03/09/13 08:34, Артем Хорошев wrote:

> Hi!
> I use GetDP(2.4.1)  with PETSc(3.2, from Ubuntu 13.04 repository) and MUMPS(4.10, also from
> repository). MUMPS user's guide says about the possibility of determining the folder for temporary
> files of Out-Of-Core factorization step by using the "/mumps par%OOC TMPDIR/" variable.
> I try to use "/-mat_mumps_ooc_tmpdir/" (take from /mumps.c/ source file) option in /.petscrc/, but
> it not work.
> For example:
> /-mat_mumps_ooc_tmpdir /home/username/ooc/tempdirectory/
> ,but the program use //tmp/ directory.
>
> Can the GetDP use this option? Or is there a different syntax?

Hi,

getdp should transfer to petsc all the options that it doesn't understand. Can you add these debug
petsc options to your .petscrc file to see if they are taken into account ?

-options_table -options_left -mat_view_info

And/or put quotes around your ooc option, "-mat_mumps_ooc_tmpdir /home/username/ooc/tempdirectory/" ?

Regards,

Dave

--
David Colignon, Ph.D.