[Getdp] Getdp as library

Christophe Geuzaine cgeuzaine at ulg.ac.be
Sat Oct 5 11:59:21 CEST 2013

On 03 Oct 2013, at 22:50, hamid badi <badi.hamid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can I use getdp as a dll/lib library in my own code through a API, such as gmsh do, to solve pde without creating a problem file ?

You could, but I would not advise it: you would need to fill all the data structures "by hand"; which is precisely the job of the .pro parser.

If what you don't like is using the getdp executable, you can compile getdp as a library, and use its single API call to launch a computation (see GetDP.h). This is what we do on Android/iOS.