[Getdp] Question about GetDP for solving 3D magnetic problem considering anisotropic magnetic property

HEE SUNG YOON(윤희성) hsyoon at hyosung.com
Tue Jan 7 02:14:27 CET 2014

Hello.
My name is Heesung Yoon from HYOSUNG Corporation which makes heavy industrial machines.
I am happy to contact you about a nice GetDP program.

I am interested in solving 3D magnetic problem considering anisotropic magnetic property for the transformer.
As you know, the transformer generally has been made by the grain-oriented silicon steel sheet having the strong anisotropic magnetic property.
Since the magnetic flux distribution by the anisotropic property is quite different from that by the isotropic one, the transformer should be analyzed by considering the anisotropic property.
The simplest way to consider the anisotropic property is to apply reluctivity tensor components using two B-H curves along rolling and transverse directions on the silicon steel sheet.
For example, Nu = [Nu_RD(B_RD), 0, 0 ; 0, Nu_TD(B_TD), 0 ; 0, 0, 1], RD : Rolling direction, TD : Transverse direction

I want to know that the GetDP can solve the 3D magnetic problem considering anisotropic property with the above way.
If you have any experiences about that, please give me some helpful comments.

I wish you all the best of luck in your new year.

Best regards,
Heesung Yoon.

Heesung Yoon, Ph. D.
Principal Researcher
Transformer Research Team
Power & Industrial Systems R&D Center
HYOSUNG Corporation
Tel : +82-55-279-7461  Mobile : +82-10-4035-0465
E-mail : hsyoon at hyosung.com<mailto:hsyoon at hyosung.com>
본 전자우편은 상기 기재된 수신인만을 위해 발송되는 것으로, 보안을 유지해야 하는 정보 또는 부정경쟁 방지 및 영업비밀 보호에 관한 법률 등에 의하여 보호의 대상이 되는 정보를 포함하고 있을 수 있습니다. 정당한 수신인 이외에는 본 전자우편의 내용의 전부 또는 일부를 공개, 배포하거나, 전송, 복사해서는 안됩니다. 따라서, 본 전자우편이 잘못 전송된 경우에는 발신인에게 즉시 전화 또는 전자우편으로 연락해 주시고, 해당 전자우편 및 모든 사본을 완전히 삭제해 주시기 바랍니다. 협조해 주셔서 감사드립니다.

This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use of the recipients named above and may constitute information that is privileged or confidential or legally protected from disclosure as trade secret, know-how or otherwise under the Unfair Competition Prevention and Trade Secret Protection Act. Dissemination, distribution, forwarding or copying of any part of this e-mail by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or e-mail and completely delete this message and any copies you may have. Thank you for your cooperation.