[Getdp] No temperature continuity across intimate surfaces

Danny Holstein dgholstein at embarqmail.com
Wed Nov 19 16:02:42 CET 2014

All,

I'm trying to model a heat collector (diameter) in a copper block sitting on an aluminum baseplate. I'm using symmetry and modeling 1/4 of the object (with the side benefit that we observe the variations where it's most important, no slicing required).

Anyway, if you observe the screen shot, it appears physically incorrect, namely there is no continuity across the intimate surfaces, that the continuity exists only at Z=0. Now, I did scale this from a 2D example I found on this forum, so it would make sense -- though I'm not able to identify where continuity is limited in the input files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dan