[Getdp] u-strip RF

Danny Holstein dgholstein at embarqmail.com
Wed Dec 3 16:40:54 CET 2014

Michael,

Thank you so much, I especially like the comments you added.

I did try unsuccessfully running the problem and it appears the solution doesn't converge on my machine with the following messages:

Info : GetDP - 998 2.3177217e+05 8.5152840e-01
Info : GetDP - 999 2.3162576e+05 8.5099048e-01
Warning : GetDP - Iterative solver has iterated too many times
Info : GetDP - 1000 2.2645535e+05 8.3199446e-01
Info : GetDP - 1000 Iterations / Residual: 275968
Info : GetDP - Arpack required 50 iterations

Also, I was curious with regards two issues:

    * You don't apply symmetry along the center line, why not?
    * Wouldn't seeding the solution with the solution to the DC case (freq = 0.) speed up resolution significantly? I imagine e sub t could be specified, with h sub t similarly based on the DC current into a 50 ohm load.

Another consideration with regards seeding, the non-transverse fields will be very small (zero) starting at freq=0; if we swept the frequencies the field solutions to the lower frequency should always work well for the next, with the non-transverse increasing beyond when higher order modes become possible (the point at which we wouldn't be interested in using u-strip anyway).

Regards,
Dan