[Getdp] Rectangular shell transformation

Tobias Nähring i_inbox at tn-home.de
Tue Jan 13 10:09:01 CET 2015

Dear Getdp-users/developers,
I am afraid I do not completely understand the meaning of VolRectShell.
I assume it transforms a shell (constructed as set difference of two co-centric
axi-parallel cubes, the smaller one contained in the interior of the larger one)
into the (infinitely large) complement of a cube.

The only hint I found so far for the rectangular shell transformation is from
the paper of Abert et. al.: "magnum.fe: A micromagnetic finite-element
simulation code based on FEniCS" (http://arxiv.org/abs/1301.3061).

I have attached a geometry file CuboidCyl.geo and a problem description
CuboidCyl.pro. Both of them include the attached parameter file CuboidCyl.par.
Note, that I am exploiting symmetry in all three space directions.

In GuboidCyl.pro I have tried to apply VolRectShell without luck.
When I run getdp I get the error
Error   : GetDP - Bad parameters for transformation Jacobian: 0.0163227 not in
[0.023,0.047571]

Perhaps my misunderstanding of the radius parameters of VolRectShell is the
origin of this error. I already tried several variants in this respect. One of
those variants is implemented in CuboidCyl.pro.

Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

The problem description works (of course with a worse approximation) if I
replace VolRectShell by Vol in domInf.

With best regards,
Tobias Zawada