[Getdp] Non-linear magnetodynamics with a superconducting tape

Peter Kis md2z34 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 08:59:54 CET 2015

Hi,

I checked out Frederic's model and can't understand why it is in 3D. Since
it is a straight conductor, it should be modeled in 2D.
In fact my question is related to this issue. Is this Form1 function space
suitable for a 2D model? (I think Form1P isn't suitable because H is
in-plane vector, so it should be Form1.)
Moreover I don't see any boundary condition on the outermost surfaces,
where the magnetic field should be set to zero. It is also missing form
Christoph's Helix model too. Apparently it works, but why?

Sorry for asking a lot.

Best Regards

Peter